Graduate Certificate in Psychology (Online)
Applications are now open for Winter Term 2024
Classes start: January 9, 2024
Online course additional information
Whether you study in-class or online, your experience of the course will be the same. The instructor delivers the training live, using the Zoom platform, instead of physically being in class. You will interact with your classmates and have an engaging and enjoyable learning journey.
To participate online, you will need the following:
- a laptop or a desktop computer (handheld devices lack certain functionalities so are unsuitable)
- a broadband speed wired Internet connection
- earphones or a headset
- a microphone (standalone or built into the earphones or headset)
- a webcam
- Zoom (it is free and will be downloaded onto your computer as soon as you click on the link you will receive from us)
For more information you can download our Online Training Guide.
Once you are online, you, your instructor and your classmates will be able to hear and see each other as well as use the chat function. Your instructors will be able to share their screen, write on a whiteboard and put you into online groups for collaborative work.
Your instructor is fully trained to deliver courses both face-to-face and virtually.
You will receive help and support throughout the course whichever delivery mode you choose, so registering for an in-class or online course just depends on your personal preferences and circumstances.
This program serves as a solid basis and a conversion course for further advanced study in psychology. It is appropriate for people who hold a first degree in a field other than psychology, giving them the opportunity to obtain the necessary theoretical and practical foundations for a future career in psychology
The purpose of the program is to provide a broad grounding in psychology that enables participants to develop and/or advance their basic knowledge and skills in psychology in relation to their professional and personal interests. The program aims to:
- Provide participants with a broad, basic knowledge of theory and research in the scientific study of psychology.
- Develop the ability to describe and evaluate psychological theory and research.
- Develop the ability to construct a coherent argument and support it with evidence from research in psychology.
In order to be awarded the Graduate Certificate in Psychology, a student must:
- Complete all course requirements of the program within a period of 4 terms.
- Earn a minimum cumulative index (CI) of “B” (3.00).
Upon successful completion and an interview, graduates are eligible for direct entry into the MS in Counseling Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Duration: Minimum two terms (6 months); maximum four terms (12 months)
- Number of courses: 4 courses
- Delivery: Online, with combined synchronous online class meetings with interactive asynchronous online activities.
- Attendance: Online classes run in weekdays from 18.30 to 20.30.
- Admission points: New students are admitted at the start of the fall, winter and spring terms.
- In-depth and accelerated learning in the basic fields of psychology
- Experienced faculty who combine academic research, rigor and practical expertise
- Live online delivery, which allows you to fit your studies around your work and personal commitment wherever you are, without losing the interaction with your instructor and classmates.
- Module I: Fundamentals of Psychology Science (4 credits)
- Module II: Research Methods in Psychology (4 credits)
- Module III: Psychopathology (4 credits)
- Module IV: Human Development and Personality Theories (4 credits)
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and comprehensive understanding of psychology as a science
- Demonstrate skills of critical analysis and ability to structure a discussion based on evidence.
- Demonstrate the ability to describe and evaluate psychological research in terms of theoretical and empirical contributions to the field
- Develop research methods and data analysis skills
- Develop research knowledge that will enable you to discuss, share, present and analyze data and information in various formats and from a range of sources
- Produce and deliver professional presentations in oral and written form that are informative and well-integrated; demonstrate a thorough grasp of scientific language and concepts.
Tuition is payable on a course by course basis. The cost for the full program is €3,000€ (or 3,600 USD).
Graduates of the program who are subsequently admitted to the MS in Counseling Psychology & Psychotherapy are entitled to receive a full refund that will take the form of a tuition discount in the master’s program. Graduates of the program who are subsequently admitted to the MA in Applied Educational Psychology are entitled to receive a 50% refund that will take the form of a tuition discount in the master’s program.
Current Student profile
Average Age: 34 years
Student Nationality: Domestic: 67%; International: 33%
First degree obtained from: Greek AEI (33%); ACG-Deree (5%); International University (62%)
In order to be considered for entry to the program applicants should be prepared to demonstrate all of the following:
- Competence to undertake graduate work:
i. a college or university degree in a field other than psychology.
ii. at minimum, a cumulative grade point average equivalent to at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (B grade) in all prior undergraduate and graduate level work.
- Evidence of Proficiency in English.
- Motivation and/or relevant experience to specialize in this area: Evidence of strong motivation to work in psychology related areas will be sought in the interview and the personal statement submitted with the application form. Evidence of work experience in a setting where interpersonal relationships are of central importance, or experience in counseling, sponsorship, relevant social/community/voluntary work is highly desirable.
Note: The Graduate Certificate in Psychology program is not eligible for Title IV federal aid.
Fill in the form below or contact Graduate Admissions Team at:
Tel.: +30 210 600 2208
E-mail: [email protected]