ACG is working towards providing supporting substantial improvement to the social and environmental well-being of communities. We strive to be meaningfully socially responsible and sustainable in all of our activities.
We have a long track record of significant community service and engagement mainly through public partnerships, events and activities.
ACG proactively promotes:
- Best practice standards, respect and accountability across all of its activities
- Equity and diversity
- Fairness and respect among employees including wide support of personal development activities
- Implementation of practices, activities and systems that are environmentally friendly and robust
- Volunteering, including students, staff & faculty
- Socially beneficial interaction with our regional local community and NGO
ACG Farmers’ Market
* Do you want to engage in volunteer community-based work?
* Are you interested in helping reduce food waste while helping other in need?
Then, we are looking for YOU!
Every Monday a group of 4-5 ACG members (students, faculty, and staff) will gather at the Deree Admissions Office to go together to the Holargos’ Farmers Market at the market’s closing time to gather produce, donated by vendors, from the market stands. A representative of the Ieros Naos Faneromenis will be there to pick up the produce gathered by us. The initiative lasts approximately 90 minutes (14:15 – 16:30). Transportation is provided by ACG.
During the 2018 – 2019 academic year, the ACG Center of Excellence for Sustainability (CES) through Office of Public Affairs, initiated a collaboration with the NGO ‘Boroume’ (“We Can”) by ‘adopting’ a farmers’ market. We have chosen the Holargos’ Farmers Market, which will support the philanthropic activities of Ieros Naos Faneromenis at Neo Psychiko. The volunteer initiative will continue in the 2019 – 2020 academic year, starting on Monday September 16.
Boroume is a non-profit organization whose mission to reduce food waste and to fight malnutrition in Greece aligns perfectly with the ACG sustainability efforts in terms of social responsibility and community engagement.