Athletics play a significant role in the life of the Deree community. From intercollegiate teams for women and men, to intramurals, fitness programs and outdoor recreation events, Deree offers a variety of team, individual, and recreational sports!
OPERATION OF THE ATHLETIC FACILITIES DURING THE COVID-19 PERIOD | June 22
The operation of athletic facilities during the Covid-19 period is subject to the instructions of the General Secretariat of Sports, updated weekly.
- Citizens involved in athletics will have to provide once a week a negative COVID-19 test (self-test, or rapid test, or PCR), or a vaccination certificate that certifies that they have completed their vaccination at least 14 days prior.
- Negative test results or vaccination certificates will have to be shown each time at the main gate and at the entrance to the sports facility. This is mandatory in order to be allowed entry.
- Accurate registration and signing in on the “Entrance-Exit List” is mandatory.
- Wearing of a double facemask, or a single facemask KN95 or FFP2 in the Fitness Center is mandatory at all times (even during training).
- As there is a limit as to the maximum capacity of each sports facility, when this has been reached and there are other members waiting, the maximum stay is set at 60’.
- The locker rooms will follow the maximum capacity rule announced every week.
- The saunas will be closed until further notice.
- Use of your own towel during exercising in the Fitness Center is mandatory.
- In order to use the tennis courts you should book a court by phone at 210-6009800 (ext. 1319) on the same day from 10:00 to 13:00 (for the weekend the booking should happen on Friday).
Operating hours are as usual: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The swimming pool is closed Monday-Wednesday-Friday 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
All of the above are in accordance with what is prescribed in Government directives and we ask that you observe them strictly without exception.
As the measures are continuously updated, any necessary adjustments will be made. Kindly follow the instructions of the OA staff on duty.
For information, you may call the Office of Athletics at ext. 1319, 1157 (Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00)
With the head of an eagle and body of a lion, the griffin has long represented a powerful guardian, a protector of valuables and values deriving its strength from the combination of two natures. MORE
The athletic facilities at ACG are distinctive in their variety and quality. From our FIFA designed soccer field, to Olympic-sized swimming pool, indoor and outdoor courts, fitness facilities and exercise studios, there is something for every fitness level and interest. MORE
A wide range of programs for children to adults designed and operated by Deree’s athletic staff offer year-round fitness programs. MORE