Welcome to Deree!
We are very excited to meet you and look forward to helping you get the most out of your college experience. Below is a guide to help you prepare for Orientation and get you ready for your first couple of days as a college student!
Before New Student Orientation
- You will receive an email including the following information: Orientation Schedules (click here), your assigned Orientation group, academic calendar, shuttle bus schedule, instructions on the use of athletic facilities and where to get the gym sticker and contact information for the Office of Student Affairs, Student Success Center, Advising Office, Registrar’s Office and Cashier’s Office.
- Go ahead and “like” the Deree Facebook Page and the Student Affairs Facebook page to get a better idea of what happens on and off campus throughout the year.
- Check out the list of student groups – clubs, organizations and societies – on our website to get an idea about all the groups available on campus.
On New Student Orientation Day
- Arrive on-time and register with the Orientation Leaders (look for the red t-shirts)! They are students just like you, who will guide you through your first days on campus and share tips and tricks that can get you well under way!
- Attend all Orientation Day sessions to gain an overview of services provided and opportunities offered at Deree! If you have questions, just ask the instructor or your Orientation Leader.
- Pay close attention during your Orientation Day campus tour. The Deree Ambassadors (look for the blue t-shirts!) will show you parts of the campus you have not seen before, but will be visiting every day from now on.
During Your First Week of Classes
- Schedule an info-session with the Office of Student Affairs to talk about how you can get involved in student life. The Office of Student Affairs is located in the Main Corridor across from the Dining Hall.
- Want to see the world and not miss out on your studies? Visit the Office of Student Affairs and learn more about making a plan to study abroad.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Student Affairs at 210 600 9800, ext. 1446, 1042 or email us at [email protected].