«Sound Mind & Sound Body»
Deree – The American College of Greece offers gifted student-athletes the opportunity to participate in a highly developed sports program, while simultaneously receiving a high quality college education.
Athletic scholarships covering 20% of tuition fees are currently awarded to promising athletes in the following sports:
- Women’s Volleyball
- Men’s Basketball
- Women’s Basketball
- Men’s Soccer
This percentage can be added to any other scholarship the applicant qualifies for, provided that certain criteria are met.
Student-athletes who are selected for athletic scholarships participate in a comprehensive athletic program under the guidance of experienced coaches with a successful track record of nurturing young talent. Practice sessions are held at Deree’s outstanding athletic facilities, which include:
- One (1) game court and two (2) indoor basketball/volleyball courts
- an Olympic-sized swimming pool
- a soccer field surfaced with synthetic turf and organic, environmentally friendly cork infill
- a six (6) lane track with tartan
- four (4) tennis courts
- outdoor basketball and volleyball courts
- a Fitness Center with state-of-the-art equipment
Candidates for athletic scholarships must
- meet all requirements for admission to the college (for entering students)
- be evaluated by a college committee, which will assess their athletic skills and their potential for further development
- be eligible to play for the Deree teams
- attend all practices, games, tournaments and events of their team
- achieve a minimum cumulative index (CI) of 2.00 by the end of their first semester at Deree and maintain this CI while receiving the scholarship (for entering students)
- maintain a CI of 2.0 while receiving the scholarship (for continuing students)
- maintain a satisfactory disciplinary record
- be registered for at least one course (3 credits or more) per continuous semesters while receiving the scholarship
Athletic scholarships are granted for one (1) academic year, and may be cancelled at any time if a student ceases to fulfill one or more of the aforementioned requirements.
At the end of the academic year, the athletic scholarships are subject to renewal following the same procedure.
For more information contact:
Office of Athletics
Tel: +30 210 600 9800 ext. 1319 or 1323
E-mail: [email protected]