Spring Term/Classes start: April 28th, Early Registration by March 30th, 2020 – Apply Now
Social and digital media are now the mainstream way to engage, listen to, and communicate with an organization’s audiences. An integrated and multi-channel social media strategy is a necessity for all organizations seeking to achieve their objectives. The Graduate Diploma in Digital and Social Media enables professionals tasked with advertising, branding, public affairs, strategic communications (internal or external), or community engagement to plan, execute, and assess comprehensive and effective digital and social media campaigns for private, public, or non-profit organizations. Through a combination of lectures, projects, cases and lab work, participants develop expertise in social media planning, digital campaign management and evaluation to craft authentic and effective content for their organizations and communities
The program offers a blend of theory and practice and is an ideal option for communication or marketing professionals who wish to update their knowledge and skills or for people working in other fields and wish to change careers.
Click here to download the brochure.
The aims of the program are to enable students to:
- To provide students with advanced foundations of contemporary digital and social media communication theories and methods.
- To expose students to emerging concepts, issues and trends in digital and social media.
- To enable students to effectively plan, execute, and assess comprehensive and effective social media campaigns.
- To provide students with hands-on experience in developing and evaluating digital and social media content.
Students must successfully complete 5 graduate-level courses, representing 15 US credits that are cross-listed with the MA in Digital Communication and Social Media program. Upon successful completion of the graduate diploma students are eligible for entry in the MA in Digital Communication and Social Media degree, towards which they can transfer the three core graduate diploma courses (9 credits).
- Applied Communication Theory
- Content Strategy
- Digital & Social Media Strategy
Elective Courses (2 from the list)
- Digital and Social Analytics
- UX–User Experience & Responsive Design
- Brand Communication
- Digital Media Production
Flexible Study & Course Duration
The program may be completed in one year (full-time) or up to two years (part-time). Classes run Monday to Thursday. Only for Fall Term 2019 classes will run from 18:00-21:00; from Winter 2020 onwards, classes will run from 18:30-21:30. New students are admitted at the start of the fall, winter and spring terms.
Tuition & Scholarships
Deree – The American College of Greece aims to attract the highest quality graduate applicants regardless of their ability to finance their education. For this reason we offer scholarships covering a portion of the cost of tuition to all applicants who have demonstrated exceptional academic performance. A discount policy is also in effect for organizations and ACG alumni. For more information on eligibility contact our office of admissions or visit: www.acg.edu/financing-your-education.
Admission to the Program
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- Competence to undertake graduate work: a College or University degree
- Evidence of Proficiency in the English language: TOEFL, IELTS, Proficiency, or GCE
- Motivation and/or relevant experience to specialize in this area: Evidence of strong motivation to work in communication related areas will be sought in the interview and the personal statement submitted with the application form.
Contact our Office of Admissions
Tel.: +30 210 600 2208
E-mail: [email protected]