BSc (Hons) in Information Technology (Cybersecurity and Networks)
Pending Open University Validation
With the accelerated reliance of society on IT infrastructures and the increasing adoption of cyberspace data and service architectures, the demand for professionals with the knowledge and skillset to face the security and information assurance in IT has exploded. Our Cybersecurity and Networks* program provides the opportunity to be at the lead of defending the cyberspace from malicious activities and addressing sophisticated issues of networking infrastructures.
Through a well-balanced curriculum and specially designed laboratory facilities, where networks can be analyzed and investigated, the program provides students with the knowledge of emerging theories, methods and principles, as well as, the necessary cognitive, practical and transferable skills. You will have the opportunity to:
- plan, design, implement, secure and troubleshoot wireline and wireless networks
- use virtual machines to simulate operating systems and network environments
- simulate mobile and tablet based attacks
- apply digital forensic techniques to investigate cybersecurity incidents
- use industry standard ethical hacking and penetration testing tools, such as Metasploit, nMap, and Aircrack-ng to assess system security
The program further lays the necessary emphasis on the development of the skills, which can lead to the acquisition of industry standard professional qualifications.
Our aim is to prepare knowledgeable graduates of current and emergent technologies, who appreciate legal, ethical and professional practices, and have comprehensive understanding of industry needs for cybersecurity and network applications. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be able to pursue a career and/or graduate studies in the communication networks, security engineering, and digital forensics sector.