Your Guide to getting involved in Student Life
Joining a Club/Organization
Contact the student groups you are interested in by sending an email and find out when their next meeting is! Deree–ACG holds Activities Fairs each semester to give you the opportunity to meet Clubs, Societies and Organizations (CSOs) representatives and learn about their activities and regular meetings.
Forming a new Club/Organization
- Download the Club/Organization Proposal Form.
- Fill out the form and provide:
- Proposed name of Club/Organization
- Description of the purpose of the Club/Organization and the activities through which the group intends to achieve its goals.
- Five names of active Deree–ACG Students who are forming this Club/Organization
- Name of faculty/staff member who will serve as the Advisor for the proposed Club/Organization
- Create your Constitution by using the Club/Organization Constitution Template.
- Propose a budget reflecting projected spending and revenues of the Club/Organization using the Budget Sheets Template and Example.
- Submit all forms to the Office of Student Affairs by sending an email to [email protected].
- The Office of Student Affairs will process your proposal and respond promptly.
Maintaining active status
To be considered an active Club/Organization and be eligible to submit your budget for the following academic year, you are required to present the following by the end of the Spring Semester by sending an email to [email protected]:
- Active Members List, signed by your Advisor and the President of the Club/Organization.
- The current/most updated Club/Organization Constitution. If the Constitution has not been amended, a statement writing ‘No change has been made to the constitution of (name of Club/Organization) and the copy currently on file in the Office of Student Affairs is that under which our club/organization operates.’ needs to be submitted and signed by the Advisor and the President of the Club/Organization.
Elections for Club/Organization
- Announce elections in January to be held on the first week of March to Club/Organization members.
- Determine the Electoral Committee, which should consist of two members who are not running for any Governing Body positions.
- Submit the list of candidates, the electoral committee and the most updated Active Members List to the Office of Student Affairs by the end of the second week of February. Note that all candidates and active members must be in good academic standing to be eligible to run/vote for positions. The Office of Student Affairs will confirm eligibility to run for positions beck checking C.I.s.
- Allow a week long period between the announcement of the candidates and elections.
- During that time the Electoral Committee must:
- Hold elections in the Main Corridor using a ballot box.
- The Electoral Committee is responsible for bringing the ballot box into the Office of Student Affairs at the end of the election period. Votes must be counted in the presence of the Advisor and an Office of Student Affairs representative.
- Once results are determined, the new Governing Body must be sent to the Office of Student Affairs using the Student Life Contact Information Sheet.
- Refer to the Student Clubs and Organizations Guidebook for detailed instructions.
Planning on-campus activities and events
- Complete the On-Campus Events Request Form at least 4 weeks prior to the activity/event, major events should be planned at least 2 months in advance.
- Request an approval to use off-campus vendors by contacting the Office of Student Affairs at least 2 months before the planned activity/event.
- Post an announcement on Blackboard at least 3 days before the activity/event, by sending an email with an attached .jpg version of the announcement to the Office of Student Affairs.
- Refer to the Student Clubs and Organizations Guidebook for details on how the College can support you.
Planning off-campus College sponsored activities/events
- Schedule an appointment with the Office of Student Affairs at least 6 weeks prior to the off-campus activity/event.
- Complete the Off-campus Activity Request Form at least 6 weeks in advance of off-campus activity/event. Include your budget for the trip as well as the name of your Advisor or the staff/faculty member who will act as your chaperone.
- Define the process and criteria for selecting participants in the activity/event and submit the Selection Process Form.
- Submit a list of participants including their full names names, Student ID numbers, emails and cell phone numbers to the Office of Student Affairs.
- Request that each participant completes and submits the Disclaimer and Medical & Emergency Contact Form to the Office of Student Affairs.
- Submit the flight/train information and contact information for accommodations to the Office of Student Affairs.
- Ensure that all forms are submitted to the Office of Student Affairs at least 5 days prior to the off-campus activity/event.
- Submit the Off-Campus Report Form within the week following the off-campus activity/event.
- Refer to the Student Clubs and Organizations Guidebook for details on Off Campus Activities and College Sponsored Travel.
Refer to the Student Clubs and Organizations Guidebook for more information on getting involved in student life and details on retaining active status as a student group, dissolving a club/organization, amending your constitution, fundraising and creating a budget, planning on and off campus activities, and creating your own logo.