Every summer, B’ Lyceum class students are offered the unique opportunity of taking a College course at Deree – The American College of Greece. Deree is the oldest and largest independent, American-sponsored school in Europe, accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), validated in Europe by the Open University of the UK.
The Pre-Collegiate Summer Program 2019, June 26 – July 25, offers students a variety of college level courses to choose from. Upon successful completion of the course, they earn academic credits for a future bachelor’s degree. During their participation in the program, they can take advantage of all benefits enjoyed by Deree students including access to the library and use of the world-class athletic facilities.
Students who decide to continue at Deree for their bachelor’s degree may be eligible for our Merit Scholarships.
Spend 4 exciting summer weeks at Deree and live the experience of being a college student!
- Try out a potential major by taking a course in your preferred academic field and make sure that you’re choosing the right college/ university path.
- Make a positive impression on admissions officials in the US and UK universities by signaling that you are a responsible and motivated candidate who is ready for college.
- Earn credits for your future bachelor’s degree in the US or at Deree and get a head start in your college career.
- Transition into college life by experiencing campus and student life and getting a sense of what will be expected of you so that you are better prepared for success in college.
- Increase your chances to get a scholarship at the University of your choice by excelling in your Pre-Collegiate course.
Pre-Collegiate Summer Program 2019 offers the following courses:
- Cultural Anthropology
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Contemporary Environmental Issues
- Mathematics for the Liberal Arts
- College Algebra
- Life in the Oceans
- Psychology as a Social Science
- Introduction to Sociology
- International Business
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Listening to Music
- Music Fundamentals How Music Works
For more information please fill out the Pre-Collegiate Program form and a Deree Admissions Counselor will contact you.
Visit the Office of Admissions on the Aghia Paraskevi campus to discuss about the Pre-Collegiate Summer Program and the opportunities it offers you.
Office of Admissions
6 Gravias Street GR-153 42
Aghia Paraskevi, Greece
Tel.: +30 210 600 9800 ext. 1410
Fax: +30 210 608 2344
E-mail: [email protected]