Policy of Equal Opportunities
The College is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, colour, race, nationality, ethnicity, faith, disability, sex, marital status, or sexual orientation. The College strives to maximize valuable talent and potential, and eliminate unconscious bias, prejudice and stereotyping in the workplace.
Job applicants are assessed according to criteria such as suitable qualifications for the positions(s) available, experience, personal skills, ability, potential, and performance in interviews and on employment tests, and receive impartial treatment regardless of age, gender, color, race, nationality, ethnicity, faith, disability, sex, marital status or sexual orientation.
CAREERS @ ACG
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Deree – The American College of Greece. Deree seeks high-achieving, student-centered individuals to join our community of faculty and staff.
If interested in applying for a position at Deree, applicants should submit a CV, cover letter and contact information (name, e-mail address, telephone number) for at least three persons who can provide a professional reference). Screening of applicants will continue until positions are filled.
ONLY APPLICATIONS ADDRESSED TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE WILL BE CONSIDERED: HIRING PROCEDURES DO NOT INCLUDE INTERMEDIATE ENTITIES OF ANY SORT.
All current vacancies at Deree are posted below on this page.
Position: Digital Design Manager
The Office of Marketing & Communication is seeking a candidate for the position of a full-time Digital Design Manager.
- BS/MS in Information Technology or related fields
- Proficiency in English Language
- Minimum working experience of 5 years in a relevant position
- Communication and presentation skills in both English and Greek language
- Proficient in MS Office and macOS
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Proficiency in modern HTML, CSS, WordPress and Umbraco
- Demonstrable Graphic Design Skills (Portfolio required)
- Experience in creating wireframe, storyboards, process flows, user flows and sitemaps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Dreamweaver
- Proficiency in website analytics tools
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- A genuine team player, with result oriented spirit and can do attitude
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time-management abilities
- Ability to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Modern aesthetics
- Uploads and daily updates content on institutional websites (acg.edu, pierce.gr)
- Improves User Experience, conversion points, design and functionality of all webpages
- Designs all Digital materials
- Creates wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Establishes digital design Guidelines and Standards based on the Institutional design identity
- Works with different content management systems
- Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing assets and assesses against set goals (KPI’s)
- Collaborates with Communication providers
- Integrates data from various back-end services and databases
- Applies Institutional design guidelines
Position: Graphic Design Associate or Full-Time Faculty
The Frances Rich School of Fine and Performing Arts seeks an instructor for an Associate Lecturer or F-T faculty position in Graphic Design.
- Master’s degree required.
- MFA in Graphic Design or Visual Communication highly desirable.
- Teaching experience, ideally at a US or a UK higher education institution.
- The area of expertise should cover main design disciplines such as typography, editorial design, poster design, corporate design, branding, packaging design, wayfinding and signage.
- A professional practical record and profound theoretical knowledge in the respective fields.
- Relevant samples of work demonstrating the candidate’s depth and breadth of experience, as well as his/her conceptual and research/creative abilities.
- Ability to undertake administrative duties.
- Innovative approach to contemporary trends in the field of Graphic Design, including up-to-date knowledge of industry software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2019.
Anticipated Start Date: September 1, 2019
Position: Senior Career Development Manager and Internship Coordinator. (Maternity cover)
The Career & Alumni Office at Alba Graduate Business School, The American College of Greece is seeking a candidate for the position of Senior Career Development Manager and Internship Coordinator. (Maternity cover)
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Resources or related field.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Counseling, Psychology or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in career counseling for business fields or in recruiting/HR consulting.
- Proven ability to function as a motivated, enthusiastic team member.
- Demonstrated commitment and experience working with a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff in a positive and effective manner.
- Excellent organizational and group presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Computer literacy including ability to develop web-based resources and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exhibit excellent time management and prioritization skills, a high degree of flexibility, and the ability to see the big picture in a complex array of details are all essential, as are approachability and strong communication skills.
- Provides Coaching & Advisement to students and alumni on career development and management skills taking advantage of current career resources and technology
- Engages and educates the local HR community on available career services to generate jobs, internships and further exposure opportunities for students and alumni. Conducts on-site visits and initiates frequent communication (e-mail, telephone) to strengthen ties and promote partnerships
- Organizes and implements targeted annual career activities, the Alba Career Forum and events for all levels of students and alumni: on-site company visits, recruitment days, workshops, career panels, company presentations, the annual career fair
- Performs regular and ad hoc reporting on employer relations, graduate placement and student/alumni services for internal or external purposes
- Provides support in building and strengthening the ties between Alba alumni and the School in such areas as alumni volunteering, engagement activities and events, alumni-student networking etc.
- Identifies and develops appropriate internship opportunities to meet program demands and student needs. In collaboration with Academic Directors, oversees and monitors student performance at internship sites and mediates any issues and/or challenges that may arise between students and internship providers, ensuring that students acquire meaningful internships
- Liaises between the recruiters and the HR department on the contract preparation and various legal issues, as needed
- Conducts internship program information sessions for students in person or in-groups. Develops, distributes and maintains necessary internship materials, including internship guidelines for employers and students. Maintains all record keeping and data-analysis related to the Internship Program
Application Deadline: February 15, 2019
Position: Assistant Professor in English
The School of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Deree-The American College of Greece seeks a faculty member to teach courses in Linguistics, Academic Writing and Greek as a Foreign Language.
Full-time faculty members teach eight courses per year, engage in scholarship, and are active members of the English & Modern Languages Department, School and College.
- A PhD in Linguistics from a UK or US accredited institution;
- Excellent teaching record, preferably in a UK or US higher education institution;
- Good publication record;
- Experience in designing and delivering courses in Linguistics;
- Experience in teaching Academic Writing;
- Experience in teaching Greek as a Foreign Language;
- Some experience in Translation Studies would be an asset;
- Eligibility for Ministry of Education registration number.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Greek;
- Ability to apply experiential, student-centered pedagogy;
- Ability to initiate curricular development in areas of specialization;
- Good administrative and organizational skills;
- Commitment to student-centered learning and proven excellent ability to supervise student research projects;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability and motivation to work both independently and collaboratively.
Application Deadline: March 8, 2019 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified
Anticipated Start Date: September 1, 2019.
Position: Associate Faculty in Statistics
The School of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Deree-The American College of Greece seeks an associate faculty member in Statistics. Associate Faculty have a 6-course obligation per academic year, and no scholarship requirement.
- PhD in Statistics.
- Preferable: at least one graduate degree from an English-speaking institution.
- Eligible for Ministry of Education registration number.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Specialized and broad practical and theoretical knowledge in Statistics
- Experience in teaching in higher education in the area of Math and Statistics
- Research record is helpful
- Ability to contribute to the curriculum of math and science
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Research skills and ability to supervise student research projects
- A commitment to student-centered learning
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Course administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to initiate curricular development and deliver effective teaching
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Application Deadline: March 11, 2019 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified.
Anticipated Start Date: September 1, 2019.
Position: Staff Member, Student Success Center
(Substitute for 4 months)
The Office of Student Success is seeking qualified candidates as temporary staff for the Student Success Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree desirable)
- Fluency in Greek & English (oral and written)
- Fundamental understanding of the U.S. higher education system (courses, credits, CI-GPA etc.)
- Ability to provide consistently friendly and efficient customer service and guidance to students
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work cooperatively with colleagues from different offices and functions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Good organizational skills and planning abilities
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Access student information on Blackboard, Jenzabar
- Handle messaging on promotional Plasma TV’s
- Producing/processing documents/certificates required by or for students
- Handle incoming telephone/e-mail traffic and answer or forward to appropriate offices
- Issue and mail unofficial transcripts to students of both Deree and the Deree Graduate School.
- Provide guidance and receive all academic forms (petitions etc.) by students and process accordingly.
- Give out Business Week certificates
- Receive and process requests for change of student contact information
- Create and distribute all student ID cards to Deree undergraduate and graduate students
- Collect medical certificates and distribute athletic facilities use stickers to students when appropriate.
- Provide Lost & Found services
- Assist with “Visitor on Campus” requests.
- Distribute ACG credentials & offer guidance with their activation or replacement
- Assist students with registration procedures
- Inform faculty about student absences when notified by ACG nurse(s)
- Provide student with information regarding contacting their professors
- Publicize on Blackboard announcements regarding: make-up classes; faculty absences; room changes
- Distribute Music/Practice rooms keys to authorized students
- Inform students about graduation procedures, provide appropriate forms, receive and process completed forms for Deree undergraduate and graduate students.
- Assisting with Commencement.
- Cooperate with ACG transportation office to effect optimal schedule for shuttle busses based on feedback from students.
Application Deadline:February 22, 2019