- Are you passionate about environmental, social, and economic issues?
- Are you enthusiastic about learning and promoting sustainable living among peers, faculty and staff?
- Do you want to make a difference in our community?
Then, the ACG Sustainability Leaders student organization is the perfect match for YOU!
The ACG Sustainability Leaders group is a team of student volunteers who participate in diverse activities and events aimed at motivating, inspiring and raising awareness towards a culture of Sustainability both on and off the ACG campus.
Established in 2018, a total of 110 volunteers have signed up to be part of this dedicated and sensitized sustainability group! In July 2020, the group received the Community Service Award in recognition of their efforts and contribution to the community, both on and off campus!
The ideal Sustainability Leader candidate is not necessarily the one with the most knowledge about the sustainability. We are looking for people who are enthusiastic about learning about and promoting sustainable living. If you are reliable, good-natured and excited to be a sustainability advocate in your residence hall, we want YOU! Part-time or full-time students from all majors are welcome to apply.
As a Sustainability Leader you will participate in activities, such as the ACG Community Service Days, awareness raising campaigns (e.g. #ACGgoesplasticfree and Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!), reforestation of Mount Hymettus, the ACG Farmers’ Market and many more!
The Sustainability Leader (SL) profile
- Passionate about and interested in any of the three pillars of sustainability (environment, society, economy).
- Enthusiastic about learning and promoting sustainable living among peers, faculty, and staff.
- Wanting to make a difference in our community.
- Effective communication skills (through a variety of means).
- Positive spirit and can-do attitude.
- Willingness to learn and acquire new skills.
- Ability to take initiative and to work as a team player.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Build your CV and develop a set of valuable professional competencies and soft skills.
- Help in enhancing the sustainability culture on campus.
- Engage with peers, who are also interested in promoting sustainability education.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of current sustainability issues.
- Make new friends and be better connected to the ACG Community.
- Gain the opportunity to expand your sustainability network.
Advisor: Ms. Rania Assariotaki, Director, Office of Sustainability – Public Affairs