ACG is committed to leading by example, not only in research and education, but also in managing its facilities and resources. Your contribution to the implementation of our sustainability goals is vital.
The ACG Pledge identifies several actions & behaviors that can help you become more environmentally, socially and economically responsible in your daily life, on and off campus.
Why is it important to you?
- You demonstrate your responsibility, accountability, leadership, integrity and forward thinking.
- You join the global effort of all those who have decided to respect, protect, and preserve natural resources for future generations.
- You recognize the long-term consequences of your actions.
Take the pledge!
I do commit to the following actions:
Energy use reduction
- Turn off all electronics and appliances when not in use.
- Turn off lights when I do not need them.
- Use windows and shading to control room temperature and ventilation when applicable. Use the same means to increase/reduce natural light.
- Keep windows closed when the air-conditioning (A/C) in full is on.
Water use reduction
- Use the least amount of water in every activity.
- Report any detected leaks at campus facilities to technical services and outside ones to the appropriate authority.
Waste reduction and processing
- Recycle paper, cardboard, plastic, aluminum and steel products, glass bottles, batteries and electronics and place them in the designated bins when applicable, both on campus and outside of it.
- Think before you print.
- Reuse before recycle.
- Buy recycled and used products.
- Consider repairing products instead of buying new ones.
- Donate instead of throwing away.
- Bring your own reusable water bottle or mug
Ecological footprint minimization
- Buy foods & products produced locally. Support organically grown produce.
- Minimize my transport footprint: Walk, bike, use public transportation and carpooling.
- Participate in one at least tree planting activity wherever this takes place.
- Promote and support devices which use renewable energy sources (such as utility lights, flashlights, chargers etc.) .
- Go Meatless on Mondays (MM)
Social and economic responsibility advancement
- Buy goods manufactured under fair trade conditions.
- Encourage equity in all forms and for all needs.
- Participate in select ACG’s community service and social impact activities.
- Learn as much as possible about sustainability and transfer the knowledge to others.
- Be kind