Design the future of education!
Applications are now open for Spring Term 2023
Classes start: April 25
The world of education and corporate training is fundamentally changing through rapidly embracing online delivery and new technologies. The recent global trend towards online learning resulted in high demand for skilled learning and instructional designers. Demand is not just limited to schools, colleges and universities, but is also present in a growing number of businesses, training organizations and non-profits that recognize the permanent change in the way we work, train, teach and learn.
This major shift creates exciting career opportunities for those educators, adult trainers and professionals who possess expert skills in designing and delivering online education and training experiences and materials.
Designed with the needs of the working professionals of the 21st century in mind, this cutting-edge program is delivered fully online and aims at providing dynamic, hands-on learning experiences. Combining theory with practice, students gain in-depth knowledge of learning and instructional theories, as well as practical skills in the design and use of educational technologies.
Graduates of the program will be able to pursue careers as experts in the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of instructional resources to provide innovative, successful learning solutions that improve learning and performance in multiple environments, from government and corporate training settings to nonprofits, and traditional classrooms to conference rooms and informal learning environments.
As the demand for distance education and online workforce training is on the rise, the relevant, real-world skills acquired upon completion will be immediately utilized in the increasingly digitalized workplaces, both in Greece and abroad.
- Duration: One year (full-time) or up to three years (part-time).
- Number of Courses: 10 courses (30 US credits).
- Course Delivery: 100% online, with interactive asynchronous activities and four (4) optional, live online sessions during each term.
- Attendance: The optional, live online sessions are scheduled to run on weekdays, after 17:30, to accommodate working professionals.
- Admission points: New students are admitted at the start of the fall, winter and spring terms.
- NECHE Accreditation
- Flexible study and fully online format for working professionals
- Experienced faculty who combine academic research, rigor and practical expertise
- Featuring Learning Design and Technology trends such as design thinking, user experience, and learning analytics
- Authentic and practical design and development experiences with a variety of software (e.g. Articulate, Camtasia, Adobe, etc.) resulting in professional portfolios
- Foundations of Learning Design and Technology
- Theories and Strategies of Learning
- Learning Design and Development
- Research Methods in Education and Training
- Multimedia Environments
- Online Teaching and Learning
- Developing Learning Experiences with Design Thinking
- Managing Distance Education
- Learning Analytics
- Capstone Project: Portfolio
- Thesis in Learning Design and Technology
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Explain the principles and concepts that drive effective learning design, how they align with theory, and how they interface with the current trends and issues of the field.
- Evaluate and develop learning design solutions for education and/or industry contexts that are supported by current research in learning, training, and educational technologies.
- Identify criteria relevant to the evaluation, adoption, and integration of a range of technologies to adequately serve the needs of different learning and training contexts.
- Generate learning designs that are inclusive, meet the needs of diverse stakeholders, and are based on design thinking and data from learner analysis, assessment, and evaluation.
- Use analysis, synthesis, interpretation, and problem-solving skills to develop effective, ethical, and innovative applications of educational technologies
- Design, conduct, and analyze appropriate process and product evaluation
- Employ a range of learning theories and research-based evidence to design, develop, deliver, and support learning and training activities, materials, courses, and programs
- Communicate effectively in written and oral formats with a variety of stakeholders (clients, subject matter experts, organizations, administration, upper management, etc.)
- Demonstrate effective task and project management skills
Click here to download the learning outcomes.
Tuition is payable on a course by course basis. The cost for the full program is 6,600€.
For complete information about our tuition and fees click here.
The School of Graduate & Professional Education offers scholarships covering a portion of the cost of tuition to all applicants who have demonstrated exceptional academic performance in their undergraduate studies.
For complete information about our merit scholarships click here.
eLearning Industry Inc. Scholarship
eLearning Industry Inc., the world’s largest knowledge-sharing platform, offers candidates of the MA Learning Design and Technology, who have a good academic record in previous studies and established financial need, three scholarships of a total of 6,600 Euros towards program tuition. Application deadline January 9th – Winter Term). Click here for more information.
Since its founding in 1875, The American College of Greece (ACG) has provided assistance to students needing help in meeting their educational expenses, thereby enabling students with demonstrated ability and promise to access a quality education, regardless of their financial circumstances.
For more information about financial assistance click here.
All ACG alumni are entitled to a 10% tuition fee discount on top of any other scholarship of financial assistance program which may apply.
Corporate discount programs are also available to two or more employees from one organization who wish to study in our graduate programs.
For more information about corporate click here.
The program is geared towards early- and mid-career professionals from a variety of backgrounds. It is designed to serve the professional needs of the following groups:
- Educators and trainers at all levels (teachers, instructors and/or administrators) in formal (K12, Higher Ed) and informal learning settings (training centers, life-long learning, Greek “frontistirio”), looking to move beyond the classroom.
- Learning and development (L&D) and human resources (HR) professionals.
- Business professionals involved in training and onboarding (from businesses and NGOs to public sector organizations and military).
- Current educational /learning technologists or consultants looking to upgrade their skill set.
- Graduates in the field of Information Technology (IT) such as IT specialists, education/training software developers, managers, et al. who wish to pursue a career in learning design.
- People looking to change careers.
This program will develop skills and provide tools for participants to pursue an impressively versatile and diverse array of careers in the fields of education or business, or to work as freelance learning design consultants.
After the completion of this program, students can pursue their careers as: Online Trainer, Learning/Instructional Designer, Education Program Manager, Course Developer, Learning Analyst, Academic Assessment Coordinator, Instructional Technology Specialist, Director of Center for Technology in Learning, Educational Program Designer, Learning Strategist, Instructional Design and Evaluation Specialist, Course builder, Instructional Systems’ Designer, Corporate Training Specialist, Training Director/Manager, Human Resource Specialist, Director of staff development Manager of staff training and development, e-Learning Instructor, e-learning Consultant. Graduates of the program may also pursue further academic study.
Deree graduate students receive support from the Office of Career Services, which help them connect with the 50,000 ACG alumni around the globe, expand their professional network, and gain access to various job opportunities.
Full-time Faculty - School of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Information Technology (IT)
Full-time Faculty - School of Graduate and Professional Education
Learning Design and Technology
Full-time Faculty - English for Academic Purposes and Writing
English for Academic Purposes (EAPP)
Full-time Faculty - School of Business and Economics
Management Information Systems (MIS)
Adjunct Faculty - School of Liberal Arts and Sciences
The program is appropriate for recent graduates from a variety of backgrounds, new and experienced working professionals.
The minimum graduate admission requirements are:
- A bachelor's degree in any discipline from an accredited institution with an average grade of B or better.
- 2. Motivation to undertake graduate-level study and work in Learning Design and Technology to be determined by the interview and the personal statement submitted with the application form.
- Proficiency in the English language evidenced through one of the following: TOEFL, IELTS, or Proficiency. DEREE College graduates and graduates from other accredited English-speaking institutions are not required to submit evidence of Proficiency in the English language.
Credit transfer from previously attended graduate degree programs of accredited institutions, may be allowed at a maximum limit of 9 credits and will be examined on an individual basis.
Note: The MA in Learning Design and Technology program is not eligible for Title IV federal aid.
Fill out this form to access the brochure of our program and a member of our Admissions Team will get in touch with further information.
Tel.: +30 210 600 2208
E-mail: [email protected]