The following are required of all Graduate School applicants:
- Completed application form and personal statements (approximately 500 words), which may be submitted online
- Two recommendation letters (at least one from an academic source and one from an employer)
- Official college/university transcript of undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Official college/ university transcript of graduate degree from an accredited institution (if applicable)
- Evidence of proficiency in English:
- Michigan State University Certificate of English Language Proficiency (MSU – CELP)
- Michigan Proficiency Certificate
- Cambridge Proficiency Certificate
- Cambridge Advanced English (CAE) with Grade A only
- TOEFL (score 87 or higher on internet-based test)
- IELTS (score 6.5 or higher)
- International Baccalaureate
- Graduation from an accredited English language college/institution
- If none of the above is available, the candidate must take the English Placement Test administered by the College. Based on the results of the test, students are placed into the appropriate English for Academic Purposes Program or Writing Program
- A certified copy of an identification card for Greek citizens or of a valid passport for international students.
- CV (English or Greek)
- Interview with the respective Graduate Program Coordinator
Note: Deree graduates and graduates from other accredited English language institutions are not required to submit evidence of Proficiency in the English language.
Applicants presenting a TOEFL score should arrange to have the test results sent directly to the Office of Admissions by the Educational Testing Service (ETS). The College’s Institution Code Number is 0925. TOEFL scores are valid for two years.
Letters of Recommendation
Each applicant for admission must submit two letters of recommendation. At least one of the references must be from an academic source. One letter from an employer is highly recommended. A letter from a family member or a friend is not admissible.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum criteria may be admitted to the program on conditional status if the Graduate Program Coordinators perceives other strengths in their application (e.g., strong research or relevant work experience, or other outstanding achievements during the applicant’s undergraduate experience). In such cases, applicants will be expected to complete the requirements of the conditional admission within a specified period of time. Failure to complete these requirements will result in notification of dismissal by the Dean of the Graduate School. Students who have potential but lack the necessary prerequisites may be offered conditional admission and will be required to successfully complete preparatory courses, prior to being fully admitted.
Once a complete application package has been submitted, the Office of Admissions will contact the applicant to arrange an on-campus interview with the respective Graduate Program Coordinator.