BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
Validated by The Open University, UK
Supported by state-of-the-art laboratory facilities, the program in Information Technology sets a learner-centered educational framework, which promotes critical and innovative thinking, advocates ethical practice, and cultivates skills and dispositions to address the challenges of a world where Information Technology is the driving force and the enabler of everything.
The BSc (Hons) in Information Technology has been designed according to the curriculum guidelines of the Information Technology Curricula and the Computing Curricula, which are jointly proposed by the leading international scientific organizations: Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineers (IEEE) – Computer Society. It also complies with the academic standards set by QAA – Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, member of the ENQA (European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education).
Drawing from the best practices of the American Higher Education programs, the major study is further enriched with a carefully designed liberal education component. Holders of the degree will be prepared for graduate studies, academic research, and multifaceted careers in the dynamic ICT sector.
What You Will Study
Through a comprehensive design, which integrates theory with hands-on practice, the students of the Information Technology major will:
- get solid IT core knowledge, including programming, digital media technologies, software engineering, operating systems, networks and cybersecurity, and computer architecture.
- develop a skillset for problem-solving, data and big data manipulation, user experience design, and artificial intelligence integration.
- learn how to assess, design and develop IT products for real-world application areas according to ethical and legal standards.
- be exposed to emergent technologies and IT innovations and learn how to conduct relevant research.
Moreover, students have the option to shape their study according to their preference, by concentrating on:
- Software Development: techniques and approaches for designing, developing, testing and deploying software components and systems in traditional, web, mobile, cloud, and multi-core environments
- Intelligent Systems and Automation: applied AI mechanisms for the design and development of software system processes which will require minimum human intervention
- User Experience: from chatbots to digital ecosystems, the design and development of rich experiences for the interaction of humans with computing processes based on the international standards
- Games: design and development of computer games, game platforms and associated tools as well as, digital content for traditional or XR environments
Career/Graduate Study Opportunities
The program prepares knowledgeable graduates, who appreciate legal, ethical and professional practices, and have comprehensive understanding of the industry needs in the context of Information Technology essential and supplemental application areas. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be able to pursue a career and/or graduate studies in the wider IT sector or on focused directions, such as: software engineer, software developer, database administrator, data analyst, web and mobile developer, games designer and developer, user experience professional, UX/UI developer, AR/VR specialist, IT project manager, ICT officer, ICT support specialist, IT consultant, IT Digital Project manager.