Deree Ambassadors are undergraduate students of high academic standing who are advocates for Deree from a position of leadership and service. Ambassadors are guided by their desire to serve, commitment to improve, and attitude of selflessness.
The purpose of the Deree Ambassadors is to:
- Promote the mission and vision of Deree
- Represent Deree officially to various public groups
Responsibilities of the Deree Ambassadors include activities such as:
- Officially welcoming College visitors
- Meeting with students and their families
- Conducting campus tours
- Assisting in receptions and events organized by, among others, the Office of Student Affairs, the Office of Admissions, the Office of Alumni & Parent Relations and the Office of the President.
- Acting as official student representatives at recruiting events
In order to be eligible to become a Deree Ambassador a student must:
- Be actively enrolled at Deree
- Have a minimum of 24 credits completed at Deree
- Have a CI of 3.00 and above
The application procedure involves completion of a written application form and an interview, conducted by the President and Vice President of the group. The Membership Review Committee will consist of the advisor(s), the President, Vice-President and Events Coordinator. The Membership Review Committee will vote openly following a panel discussion. Applications must be submitted within the first month of each semester.
Advisor: Maria Edipidi, Director of International Enrollment
Regular meeting time: TBA
Upcoming activities: TBA