Take the pledge!
I do commit to the following actions:
Energy use reduction
- Turn off all electronics and appliances when not in use.
- Turn off lights when I do not need them.
- Use windows and shading to control room temperature and ventilation when applicable. Use the same means to increase/reduce natural light.
- Keep windows closed when the air-conditioning (A/C) in full is on .
Water use reduction
- Use the least amount of water in every activity.
- Report any detected leaks at campus facilities to technical services and outside ones to the appropriate authority.
Waste reduction and processing
- Recycle paper, cardboard, plastic, aluminum and steel products, glass bottles, batteries and electronics and place them in the designated bins when applicable, both on campus and outside of it.
- Reuse before recycle.
- Buy recycled and used products.
- Consider repairing products instead of buying new ones.
- Donate instead of throwing away.
Ecological footprint minimization
- Buy foods & products produced locally. Support organically grown produce.
- Radically minimize printing and if this is not possible, opt for double-sided printing.
- Minimize my transport footprint: Walk, bike, and use public transportation.
- Participate in one at least tree planting activity wherever this takes place.
- Promote and support devices which use renewable energy sources (such as utility lights, flashlights, chargers etc.) .
Social and economic responsibility advancement
- Buy goods manufactured under fair trade conditions.
- Encourage equity in all forms and for all needs.
- Participate in select ACG’s community service and social impact activities.
- Learn as much as possible about sustainability and transfer the knowledge to others.