OPERATION OF THE ATHLETIC FACILITIES DURING THE COVID-19 PERIOD | September 13
The operation of athletic facilities during the Covid-19 period is subject to the instructions of the General Secretariat of Sports, updated weekly.
- Citizens involved in athletics, unless they present a certificate of vaccination against Covid-19, or a Covid-19 disease within the last 6 months certificate, will have to present:
a) in order to enter the Fitness Center:
when 5-11 years old: a negative self-test conducted within the last 24 hours,
when 12 years old and older: a negative rapid test conducted within the last 48 hours.
b) in order to enter any indoor or outdoor athletic facility (swimming pool, soccer and track complex, tennis courts, Deree Gym, Pierce Gym):
when under 15 years old: a negative self-test conducted every week,
when 16 years old and older: a negative PCR or rapid test every week.
- Negative test results or vaccination/disease certificates will have to be shown each time at the main gate and at the entrance to the sports facility. This is mandatory in order to be allowed entry.
- Accurate registration and signing in on the “Entrance-Exit List” is mandatory.
- Wearing of a double facemask, or a single facemask KN95 or FFP2 in the Fitness Center is mandatory at all times (even during training), unless you present a certificate of vaccination against Covid-19, or a Covid-19 disease within the last 6 months certificate.
- As there is a limit as to the maximum capacity of each sports facility, when this has been reached and there are other members waiting, the maximum stay is set at 60’.
- The locker rooms will follow the maximum capacity rule announced every week., and the showers will operate at 50%
- The showers at the Fitness Center will remain closed.
- The saunas will be closed until further notice.
- Use of your own towel during exercising in the Fitness Center is mandatory.
- In order to use the tennis courts you should book a court by phone at 210-6009800 (ext. 1319) on the same day from 10:00 to 13:00 (for the weekend the booking should happen on Friday).
Operating hours are as usual: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The swimming pool is closed Monday-Wednesday-Friday 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
All of the above are in accordance with what is prescribed in Government directives and we ask that you observe them strictly without exception.
As the measures are continuously updated, any necessary adjustments will be made. Kindly follow the instructions of the OA staff on duty.
Also be reminded that in order to use the athletic facilities you should have your ACG ID stamped with the 2021-22 athletic facilities sticker, after you provide the required medical certificates.
For information, you may call the Office of Athletics at ext. 1319, 1157 (Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00)