Maria Arianas, Heritage Greece in a nutshell!

So much was seen and accomplished this week. On Tuesday, we visited a Laiki in the city of Athens and were each given the opportunity to buy some fresh produce from a vendor. While there, I was able to purchase some delicious cherries and strawberries, while the purchases of some of the other students included nuts, peaches, watermelon, sunflowers, and even some fish! That same day, we were fortunate enough to be invited to the home of ACG’s president for a lovely reception in our honor. It was nice being able to meet and converse with the president of the university.

This past Friday we were fortunate enough to be able to visit the archaeological site of Delphi. Seeing all the beautiful pieces discovered there during the museum tour and walking through the winding path of the city itself, I imagined how beautiful it must have been to stroll through the ancient city of Delphi. It also amazes me how much archeologists were able to uncover from a city that existed so long ago.

These shared memories are but a fraction of all that we participants have experienced both over the course of these last few days and throughout the entire program. I can confidently say that the Heritage Greece program was a life-changing experience for everyone involved. Overall, I cannot thank the National Hellenic Society and the American College of Greece for the opportunity to be a part of such an unforgettable experience. I have learned so much about Greek history and culture, in addition to foraging lifelong friendships with Greek and Greek American students alike. One thing I can say with complete certainty is that I will be back, and soon.

Maria Arianas 1 Maria Arianas 2