ACG continues to place the highest priority on the health, safety and wellbeing of the ACG Community. This section describes the Health and Safety practices that our college has developed in order to provide a safe working environment for ACG employees.
All ACG Faculty & Staff should adopt the following Hygiene practices to prevent COVID-19:
Access to Campus
As of April 11, 2022, and in accordance with the updated health protocols, faculty and staff are considered to be fully vaccinated, if they have done three doses of the Pfizer, Moderna, or Astra Zeneca vaccine or two doses of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine within the past nine (9) months or have done one dose of a vaccine and have recovered from COVID-19 within the past six (6) months.
ACG Faculty and Staff who have been vaccinated against Covid-19 (including the booster shot), should, if they have not already done so, send by email to [email protected] the date of their vaccination and the brand of the vaccine so that the Employee Vaccination file can be updated accordingly.
Deree and Alba faculty and staff who are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 within the past six months do not need to test and should show their proof of recovery or vaccination status to HR. Deree and Alba faculty and staff who have not been fully vaccinated should do one Rapid or PCR Test per week, at a pharmacy, private diagnostic center or hospital, up to 48 hours before coming to the Campus. This test should be followed by a new rapid test or PCR within seven days, taking into account the starting working date of the week for faculty and staff.
The result of the rapid test will be uploaded by the pharmacy, diagnostic center or hospital on the platform gov.gr and all faculty and staff, could access gov.gr at Βεβαίωση αρνητικού διαγνωστικού ελέγχου κορωνοϊού COVID-19 or at Βεβαίωση θετικού διαγνωστικού ελέγχου κορωνοϊού COVID-19 and print the corresponding certificate.
Pierce Faculty and Staff who have been fully vaccinated within the past 9 months with the vaccine against Covid-19 or have had one of a vaccine and have recovered from COVID-19 within the past six months, should not take any Covid-19 Self-Test, unless they are considered to be close contacts within the School context, so they should take one self-test on day 0-1 and the second one, on day 5. Pierce Faculty and Staff who have not been fully vaccinated against Covid-19, should take a Covid-19 Rapid Test or PCR once per week, at their own expenses, up to 48 hours before coming to School on Tuesday.
Practice social distancing
All employees returning to campus are required to practice social distancing. The Practice of social distancing includes:
- Staying at least 1.5 m from others
- Maintaining a distance of at least 1.5 m from others, in indoor and outdoor activities.
- Avoiding large gatherings of employees (greater than 7 people) when feasible
- Eliminating contact with others (e.g., hand-shaking, hugging)
- Avoiding touching common surfaces
- Ensuring frequent washing of hands
- Encouraging employees to take the stairs and avoid elevators.
- Staggering work schedules and lunch breaks. Disinfection of hands is strongly recommended before and after the lunch break. Also, all employees are strongly encouraged to plan their meetings remotely.
- Recommendation for limiting in-person meetings to fewer than 7 (seven) people and maintaining at least 1.5 m spacing in large spaces. Remote meetings could be planned.
- Meetings with physical presence could take place without the restriction of up to 7 (seven) people, solely for fully vaccinated employees or those who uphold a disease certificate.
- Watch for posters and signage throughout campus advising to maintain a 1.5 m distance from others as per guidelines.
Use of face mask
As of June 1st, masks are no longer required in indoor spaces except for the Pierce Infirmary. As the SARS-CoV-2 virus is still quite prevalent, we do recommend that masks be worn indoors in areas where social distancing cannot be maintained properly (offices, classrooms, conference rooms, etc.). Use of face masks is mandatory in all exams (ex. classrooms, amphitheaters) for all students, faculty and staff.
Frequent and proper hand washing with soap and water is the most effective method of removing viral particles. However, when that is not possible, alcohol-based hand sanitizer can be used. As such, hand sanitizer will be made available in every office and classroom.
Avoid sharing foods and drinks
All employees are encouraged to avoid sharing foods and drinks. Disinfection of any appliances before and after the use is strongly recommended.
Avoid sharing office supplies and equipment
All employees are encouraged to avoid sharing office supplies and equipment. Disinfection of shared equipment before and after the use is strongly recommended.