COVID-19 Study Abroad Protocols
Fall 2020 Semester
In an effort to keep our students, faculty and staff safe, this guidance outlines ACG’s new COVID-19 protocols for our Fall 2020 Semester. The ACG community must remain vigilant in emphasizing social distancing, handwashing, staying home when sick, and the use of cloth face coverings as needed. As we reopen campus, all members of the ACG community must comply with all rules set forth by the College as recommended by The World Health Organization (WHO) and the Hellenic National Public Health Organization (EODY), including any travel restrictions.
Fall 2020 Semester Protocols for Study Abroad Students:
- Students must arrive 5 days prior to the scheduled arrival in order to self-quarantine before the official start of the semester. There will be no additional housing costs incurred for this early arrival.
- Students must take a COVID-19 test before departing their home country and bring proof of their negative test results. The results should be dated no more than 72 hours prior to the student’s arrival in Greece.
- The Greek Government requires visitors to fill in a Passenger Locator Form (PLF) 24 hours before entering Greece where students will provide their contact details in the country. The form can be found here. Targeted and random testing will also take place to aid the epidemiological research.
- Students will be required to be tested for COVID-19 again upon their arrival in Greece. These tests will be provided by ACG (unless tested during arrival at the Athens airport).
- Students will be required to sign a waiver acknowledgement form stating that they understand the protocols and will adhere to all rules and regulations.
- Students who will not be tested at the airport will be required to be tested at ACG facilities once they arrive. The entire process (samples collection, analysis, results) along with all relevant financial costs will be taken care by ACG. Until the results come out (within 2 days from sample collection) students are strictly required to self-isolate in the dorms.
During the Semester:
- Please note these recommendations can change as the pandemic continues to evolve.
- Students must abide by all rules set forth by the College, the Greek Ministry of Health (EODY), and the WHO.
- Students must log all travel outside of Greece with ACG at least two days prior to their departure. Students must also provide a copy of their ticket to a ACG representative. Please note there may be travel restrictions that require a 14 day quarantine period upon return to campus.
- Students must maintain reasonable social distance both on and off campus.
- Students should wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, after touching frequently used items or surfaces, or after blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Students will be required to wear a face mask (cloth or disposable) over the nose and mouth while on campus in the presence of others, including in public settings (e.g., common work spaces, elevators, meeting rooms, classrooms, etc.). Students who do not have on a cloth face covering need to always cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when they cough or sneeze, or use the inside of their elbow.
Be aware of COVID-19 symptoms
These symptoms are currently associated with COVID-19 infection:
- Fever, cough, and shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills, repeated shaking with chills, and muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
Students who develop symptoms should stay home, create a list of contacts they had two days prior to their symptoms, notify an ACG representative immediately, and limit contact with others. ACG staff will be available to schedule necessary medical appointments for any students who are showing symptoms.