COVID-19 Screening, Testing, and Isolation
ALL GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE DEREE STUDENTS
In an effort to keep our students, faculty and staff safe, this guidance outlines ACG COVID-19 protocols for our fall 2021 semester. We strongly encourage all ACG members to get vaccinated as the first line of defense in protecting your health, the health of your families and the health of our community. Getting vaccinated, maintaining proper social distances, wearing masks when appropriate, observing hand hygiene measures, and staying home when sick, creates a community of care where we can live and learn more safely.
As we reopen campus, all members of the ACG community must comply with all College rules as recommended by The World Health Organization (WHO) and the Hellenic National Public Health Organization (EODY), including any travel restrictions. Below are the steps that ALL individuals (International, Study Abroad, Residential and any other student authorized to be on campus) are expected to follow before returning to the ACG campus.
Access to Campus
In order to access campus, you must show the guards at the entrances to the College, the QR code either printed or on your phone, from one of the following documents:
- For individuals who are not fully vaccinated: You will need to take two rapid antigen tests each week (not self-tests) (example: Friday and Tuesday or Saturday and Wednesday) and generate the QR code as proof of the test at www.gov.gr at this specific link. Please plan your testing to take into account time for the results to be loaded and made available on the governmental portal – it may take three to four hours and up to 24 hours. Students who are not able to generate a QR code from the governmental site must bring a printed version from the lab. Choose a lab that is able to give you a printed version of your results. This may also take several hours to generate.
- For individuals who are vaccinated: You will need to show proof of vaccination. You can generate the QR code at the www.gov.gr at this specific link.
- For individuals who have recovered from the COVID-19: You will need to show proof of recovery. You can generate this QR code from www.gov.gr at this specific link. Proof of recovery (QR code) is available 30 days after your positive test and is valid for 180 days. Antibody tests are not proof of recovery. If you have been recently diagnosed please bring a medical note from a doctor indicating that you do not have symptoms and that your quarantine has ended. According to EODY this may be as early as ten days after your test and three days after all symptoms have resolved.
For all students who do not have a Greek Social Security number or taxis net credentials, please bring printed versions of your vaccination, proof of recovery or test results to the main gate.
Masks are required in all spaces indoors, classrooms, labs, bathrooms, hallways, stairwells, and in outdoor areas with many individuals and where social distances of two meters cannot be observed. It is highly recommended that we keep our masks on at all times when we are near others as the current variants of the virus are extremely contagious.
All individuals should monitor their health for symptoms of COVID-19 on a daily basis and before entering the ACG campus. Students should stay home and contact the ACG Health and Wellness Center (210 600-9800 ext 1093, 1193, 1500 or [email protected] or through skype at nurse.deree) immediately if any of the below apply:
- Symptoms of COVID-19 (see list of symptoms below)
- Tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results or have been told the test was positive
- Close contact (within 1.5 m for 15 minutes or more) without proper use of a mask with someone who has recently tested positive for COVID-19
- Close contact with someone who is symptomatic (patient under investigation) who has been tested for COVID-19 and is awaiting test results
Symptoms of COVID-19
- Fever and/or chills or feeling hot (if no thermometer available)
- New cough not related to chronic condition
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
- Sudden onset of loss of taste and/or smell
- Headache unrelated to chronic condition
- Muscle aches
- Vomiting, diarrhea with or without respiratory symptoms
- Sore throat
COVID-19 Medical Care and Testing
If, at any time, a student feels sick or experiences flu-like symptoms, or is concerned that they may have COVID-19 or are a close contact of someone who has COVID-19, the student should seek advice from the ACG Health and Wellness Center and contact their personal physician for medical guidance. Students must be prepared to isolate or quarantine when necessary. If a student starts experiencing symptoms on campus they must leave immediately and seek medical help/advice.
Negative COVID-19 test
If a student tests negative for COVID-19, they can return to the ACG Campus 24 hours after symptoms and fever have resolved without medication. Continue to practice good hygiene, wear a face covering and practice physical distancing.
Positive COVID-19 test
If a student tests positive for COVID-19, they should immediately self-isolate and follow the quarantine procedures as outlined by the Hellenic National Public Health Organization (EODY) and the Office of Civil Protection. Be sure to notify the ACG Health and Wellness Center (210 600-9800 ext. 1093, 1193, 1500 or [email protected] or through skype at nurse.deree).
To return to campus: Please do not return until you have received permission from the ACG Health and Wellness Center.