COVID-19 Screening, Testing, and Isolation
ALL GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE DEREE STUDENTS
In an effort to keep our students, faculty and staff safe, this guidance outlines ACG’s new COVID-19 protocols for our Fall 2020 Semester. The ACG community must remain vigilant in emphasizing social distancing, handwashing, staying home when sick, and the use of cloth face coverings as needed. As we reopen campus, all members of the ACG community must comply with all rules set forth by the College as recommended by The World Health Organization (WHO) and the Hellenic National Public Health Organization (EODY), including any travel restrictions.
Below are the steps that ALL individuals (International, Study Abroad, Residential and any other student authorized to be on campus) must follow before returning to ACG campus.
All individuals should monitor their health for symptoms of COVID-19 on a daily basis and before entering the ACG campus. Students should stay home and contact the ACG Health and Wellness Center (210 600-9800 ext 1093, 1193, 1500 or [email protected] or through skype at nurse.deree) immediately if any of the below apply:
- have symptoms of COVID-19 (see list of symptoms below)
- have been in close contact (within 2 m for 15 minutes or more) with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- have been in close contact with someone who is symptomatic (patient under investigation) who has been tested for COVID-19 and is awaiting test results
- are symptomatic and been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results or have been told the test was positive
- have any other COVID-19 medical questions
Symptoms of COVID-19
- Fever and/or chills or feeling hot (if no thermometer available)
- New cough not related to chronic condition
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
- Sudden onset of loss of taste and smell
- Headache unrelated to chronic condition
- Muscle aches
- Vomiting, diarrhea with or without respiratory symptoms
- Sore throat
Medical Care and Testing for COVID-19
If, at any time, a student feels sick or experiences flu-like symptoms, or is concerned that they may have COVID-19 or are a close contact of someone who has COVID-19, the student should seek advice from the ACG Health and Wellness Center and contact their personal physician for medical guidance.
- Students must be prepared to isolate or quarantine when necessary.
- If a student starts experiencing symptoms on campus they must leave immediately and seek medical help/advice if needed/required.
Negative COVID-19 test
If a student tests negative for COVID-19, they can return to the ACG Campus 72 hours after symptoms and fever have resolved without medication. Continue to practice good hygiene, wear a face covering and practice physical distancing.
Positive COVID-19 test
If a student tests positive for COVID-19, they should immediately self-isolate and follow the quarantine procedures as outlined by the Hellenic National Public Health Organization (EODY) and the Office of Civil Protection. Be sure to notify the ACG Health and Wellness Center (210 600-9800 ext. 1093, 1193, 1500 or [email protected] or through skype at nurse.deree).
To return to campus: Please do not return until you have received permission from the ACG Health and Wellness Center.