The Chicagoland Greek-American Study Abroad Scholarships were established in 2017 by the Hellenic Foundation of Chicago. These scholarships are awarded to two undergraduate Greek-American students from the greater Chicago area who wish to study abroad for a full semester at the American College of Greece.
Two full scholarships covering tuition, housing and roundtrip airfare to Greece will be awarded to undergraduate Greek-Americans from the greater Chicago area. The current scholarships can be used for the Fall 2018 semester.
Priority will be given to undergraduate Chicagoland Greek-American students, who have never or rarely visited Greece in the past, with GPA ≥ 3.0. All scholarship recipients must fulfil the criteria for admission to The American College of Greece. Greek descent is defined as having one or more parents, grandparents, or great grandparents born in Greece.
The recipients will be selected by ACG’s Scholarships Committee.
In order to be considered for a Hellenic Foundation scholarship, applicants must complete and submit the following items from March 15, 2018 to November 15, 2018 at the latest:
A completed online study abroad application form.
- An up-to-date copy of your college/university transcript
- One letter of recommendation from a professor, clergy, or community leader, e-mailed, faxed, or mailed to:
- A copy of your FAFSA clearly showing your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- A copy of your US passport OR a copy of your US passport application
- A 500-word essay responding to the following two questions:
- Describe your links to Hellenism and how important your Greek heritage is to you and why.
- What do you expect to gain by studying in Athens, at The American College of Greece, for a semester and how do you plan to use your experiences upon your return to the U.S.?
Supporting documents (b) through (f), as well as any questions should be e-mailed to:
Dean of North American Enrollment and Study Abroad
The American College of Greece
E-mail: [email protected]
Office: (857) 284-7908
Cell: (617) 935-5148
Application deadline: November 15, 2018
Please note that early applicants will receive early consideration.