ACG Housing & Residential Services Guidelines
Specific guidelines for all ACG Housing & Residential Services have been developed to ensure the safety of our campus community and achieve the goal of an engaged living and learning experience for residents.
Residential Common Areas
Masks are no longer required in indoor spaces, as well as outdoor areas, however it is strongly recommended that masks are worn when social distancing cannot be maintained in residence hall common areas (including kitchenettes, hallways, laundry rooms, lounge spaces, study rooms, gym etc.). Masks are recommended whenever students use the elevator.
Hygiene supplies that students should have:
- Cleaning supplies: They will need cleaning supplies for their room, so they can frequently clean and disinfect surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer: All students will be asked to use hand sanitizer frequently when soap and water are not available.
- Monitor Symptoms: All students will be asked to monitor themselves daily for symptoms of COVID-19. As fever is often an early symptom, it is suggested that they make this screening part of their morning routine.
- Common areas and bathrooms are cleaned with increased frequency by cleaning staff using chlorine based products according to the government regulations.
- Students should clean their laptop, mouse, keyboard, and phone regularly, take care to wipe down commonly used surfaces in their residence hall rooms: desk, door handles, fridge handle, etc. Residential Staff should take care to wipe down commonly used surfaces in their workplace before starting work each day.
Disinfection Procedure for all Residences
All residential facilities have been disinfected before each semester/session and extra disinfection applications have been planned due to COVID-19.
Room Allocation and guests
- Student housing will be offered as always in double, single and studio type of bedrooms.
- All non-resident guests entering the buildings during security guards’ shifts have to show any public documentation (P.D. number) to the security guard and sign the Guest Form upon arrival and departure.
- All non-resident guests have to leave the premises by 11 pm.
- Overnight guests are not allowed.
- If, at any time, a student feels sick or experiences flu-like symptoms, or is concerned that they may have COVID-19 or are a close contact of someone who has COVID-19, the student should seek advice from the Residential Staff and ACG Health and Wellness Center and contact their personal physician for medical guidance. Students must be prepared to isolate or quarantine when necessary.
- If a student is diagnosed with COVID-19 they will be asked to self-isolate at home ideally in their bedroom if living with others. Follow instructions given by your physician and EODY.
- The representative of ACG (Associate Dean of Students or the International Student Services Office for International students) will also contact the student to explain the next steps, including the isolation procedure.