Health and Safety
In an effort to keep our students, faculty and staff safe, this guidance outlines ACG COVID-19 protocols. We strongly encourage all ACG members to get vaccinated and boosted as the first line of defense in protecting your health, the health of your families and the health of our community. Getting vaccinated, maintaining proper social distances, wearing masks when appropriate, observing hand hygiene measures, and staying home when sick, creates a community of care where we can live and learn more safely.
All members of the ACG community must comply with all College rules as recommended by The World Health Organization (WHO) and the Hellenic National Public Health Organization (EODY), including any travel restrictions. Below are the steps that ALL individuals (International, Study Abroad, Residential and any other student authorized to be on campus) are expected to follow before returning to the ACG campus.
Cleaning and Disinfection of ACG Campus
Offices, classrooms, labs, common areas and bathrooms are cleaned with increased frequency using approved chlorine-based cleaning products also appropriate for disinfection.
Everyone returning to campus has the responsibility to continue the Personal Hygiene practices in order to keep the ACG Community healthy. These habits include:
Personal Hygiene practices
- A facemask is recommended in all indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, using soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer frequently when soap and water are not available.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after eating.
- Cover coughs or sneezes.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
General hygiene practices
- Keep a physical distance of at least 1.5 m from others.
- Avoid large gatherings when feasible.
- Eliminate physical contact with others (e.g., hand-shaking, hugging).
- Avoid sharing foods and drinks.
General cleaning habits
- Proactively disinfect personal items or workstations before and after use (e.g., rooms, equipment, workstations, phone, laptop, mouse and/or keyboard).
- Resident Students: Take care to wipe down commonly used surfaces in residence hall rooms: desk, door handles, fridge handle, etc.
- ACG faculty and staff: Take care to wipe down commonly used surfaces in the workplace before starting work each day.
- Remove available common/shared items from all facilities (e.g. magazines, pens, packages).
- Avoid touching common surfaces and regularly clean all high touch areas.