Health and Safety
Based on the instructions and guidelines given by EODY and Greek Health Care system, ACG is applying all ACG Personal Hygiene & Cleaning Guidelines to secure the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and surrounding community.
Cleaning and Disinfection of ACG Campus
Offices, classrooms, labs, common areas and bathrooms are cleaned with increased frequency using approved chlorine-based cleaning products also appropriate for disinfection.
Everyone returning to campus has the responsibility to continue the Personal Hygiene practices in order to keep the ACG Community healthy. These habits include:
Personal Hygiene practices
- A face mask is mandatory in all indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, using soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer frequently when soap and water are not available.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after eating.
- Cover coughs or sneezes.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
General hygiene practices
- Keep a physical distance of at least 1.5 m from others.
- Avoid large gatherings when feasible.
- Eliminate physical contact with others (e.g., hand-shaking, hugging).
- Avoid sharing foods and drinks.
- Use the stairs and avoid elevators: As directed by public authorities, the use of elevators is limited to individuals who are unable to use the stairs (physically handicapped/health condition) and at 40% capacity or for the transportation of supplies that cannot be carried upstairs.
General cleaning habits
- Proactively disinfect personal items or workstations before and after use (e.g., rooms, equipment, workstations, phone, laptop, mouse and/or keyboard).
- Resident Students: Take care to wipe down commonly used surfaces in residence hall rooms: desk, door handles, fridge handle, etc.
- ACG faculty and staff: Take care to wipe down commonly used surfaces in the workplace before starting work each day.
- Remove available common/shared items from all facilities (e.g. magazines, pens, packages).
- Avoid touching common surfaces and regularly clean all high touch areas.