Dear Deree students,
As we are about to begin fall semester we would like to inform you of some of the changes to which you should pay attention.
As you examine the schedule please note that due to current government restrictions, we plan to offer courses in four modes of delivery.
- Certain small classes and some labs will take place face-to-face, on campus.
- Many classes will be offered through synchronous online delivery, either with MSTeams or Adobe Connect. These will be noted on the schedule as OL.
- Many classes will be offered via a Hybrid mode of delivery and will be noted as HB on the schedule. This means the class will be split alphabetically in two groups. The two groups alternate, as each group will be attending in-person one week and synchronous online the next.
If you last name begins with the letters A through M you should attend the first class in-person, while those with last names beginning with the letters N through Z should participate virtually. Following the first class meeting, your instructor will give you directions on the rest of the semester meetings.
- Contact your instructor about which technology will be used for the online delivery.
- A few classes will be offered via a combination of face-to-face and asynchronous instruction (BL).
Please note that we will be changing a few classes, now listed as HB, into in-person classes after the first week, depending on the class size. Your instructor will inform you.
In addition, a few OL classes with low enrollment will be converted to in-person classes, if students enrolled can be accommodated. In every case, we want to make sure we have a safe environment in the classroom. This includes the government requirement that everyone in the classroom wears a mask.
No one will be admitted in a classroom without a mask.
Attendance Policy: Due to the circumstances, we have decided to make our attendance policy more flexible for fall. Attendance is required for labs, group project work, and all types of ensemble work. Your instructor will inform you whether this affects you. For all other classes, if you plan not to attend (in-person or online), you will be required to notify the instructor ahead of time, otherwise you will be counted as absent.
As you plan for fall semester, please be aware that your home computer will need to be able to handle MSTeams, Adobe Connect and Proctorio. Most computers are fine, but just to be certain, the technical requirements are listed below.
Another important piece of equipment you will likely need is a set of headphones, in case you attend an online class while you are on campus or away from home.