One of the first steps a student will complete in the process of studying abroad will be to apply for a student visa. The Study Abroad Office will guide you through the visa application process.
Please submit the documents outlined below so that we can obtain a visa approval letter on your behalf. Once granted, the Study Abroad Office will send you the visa approval letter. You will need to submit this letter along with other required documents to your local Greek Consulate.
Greek Consulate in the United States
Documentation necessary to request a visa approval letter:
- Declaration of Foreigner for study in Greece - This document is provided by the College and should be filled out and signed by the international student. The standardized text of student declaration form has been provided verbatim by the appropriate Greek authorities. You may find it here.
- Parental/Tutor Declaration for Foreigner regarding study in Greece Form - This document is provided by the College and should be filled out and signed by the parent or guardian of the student. The standardized text of the parent declaration form has been provided verbatim by the appropriate Greek authorities. **Required only for students who will not be 18 years of age or older at the time of enrollment. You may find it here.
- A copy of the student’s passport and previous visa(s) (if any) for Greece.
- Criminal/Police Record - Contact your local police station to obtain a copy.
- Doctor's Letter - Letter from your doctor stating that you are in good physical and mental health and that you do not have communicable diseases.
- Photocopy of your bank statement proving adequate financial resources for studies in Greece.
- A deposit for 3,000 Euros – This amount represents a deposit towards tuition and fees. Please note that this amount will be refunded to you if you are not granted a student visa.
- Proof of possession of adequate and valid international/travel
medical insurance covering the entire period of the stay.
All the above-mentioned documents should be mailed or scanned and e-mailed to the Study Abroad Office.
Please note: you still need to obtain a visa in your home country prior to arrival in Greece. You should visit the Greek embassy Web site in your country for a detailed listing of the documents required for a student visa.
A student visa is a requirement for study in Greece and enrollment at The American College of Greece. In order to remain in Greece, students who have valid student visas must then seek residence permits within 30 days of issuance of the visa. The College will provide assistance in obtaining your residence permit. For questions regarding the visa process and residence permit, please contact the International Student Services Manager (tel. +30 210 600 9800 ext. 1408, e-mail: email@example.com).
The aforementioned personal data is kept exclusively for the College’s needs in accordance with the relative law (N.2472/1987).