Using the Library
All members of the ACG community – including current students, faculty, staff and registered alumni – are welcome to use the library and to take advantage of its resources, services & facilities. Access the Library
The library’s extensive print, online and audio-visual resources include more than:
- 129,000 books & 100,000 ebooks
- 12 million academic articles & many more from magazines and other periodicals
- 1 million digital images
- 2,500 DVDs, videos, and CDs
Specialized personnel provide a variety of circulation, reference and instruction services, including:
- checking out books and placing material on reserve
- individual research assistance
- group information literacy workshops and training sessions.
- online guides to help users access the library and its resources
The library occupies 75,000 ft2 and has a total seating capacity of 360. The library’s facilities include:
- ample space for group study, as well as individual study carrels
- 28 computers and 4 multi-function printers
- a Library Instruction room
- wireless internet access
- a Media Center
About the Library
John S. Bailey Library is an attractive and modern environment for studying, conducting research or relaxing with peers. Located at the Aghia Paraskevi campus of The American College of Greece, the library is at the heart of the College’s academic infrastructure.
The College’s library was designed in 1973 and dedicated in 1975. Two decades later, in 1995, work began on the expansion of the facility. The reconstructed building, almost twice the size of the original, was inaugurated in 1997. In 2008 the library was renamed in honor of John S. Bailey, the College’s 6th president (1975-2008).
The John S. Bailey Library is a member of the AMICAL Consortium, the American Library Association, OCLC and the National Network of Academic and Scientific Libraries.
If you would like to offer us feedback or ask a question, feel free to contact the library.