A five-day intensive training program,
with the option for a 1-3 months internship (depending on position and duration of stay),
and practical experience in 1 Sporting Event.
When: Monday, October 5 – Friday, October 9, 2015
Where: Deree – The American College of Greece
Audience: Graduate, undergraduate students and young professionals interested in enhancing their experience, capability and knowledge about the sports business industry
By ticket only
Seats are limited, book your place early!
Please find the program here.
Following completion of the program, participants have the option to register for “phase 2” receiving a personalized 18 month mentoring and support program combined with internship opportunities in world class sport organizations and events.
For more information about HIBOU Academy please click here
- Certificate of Participation awarded by HIBOU Academy and Deree – The American College of Greece
- Certificate of Internship
Per person registration + Accommodation (shared accommodation in Double Room): €850
Per person registration without accommodation: €550
Per person registration (ACG students & alumni): €<em”>330 (40% discount)
Deadline for registration for students requiring accommodation: August 30
Deadline for registration without accommodation: September 20
10% discount for early bird registration until June 30
1 student will receive a full scholarship for phase 2 of the program, which includes 18 months personalized mentoring and support and 2 internship opportunities in world class sport events / organizations. Scholarship does not cover travel, accommodation or personal expenses.
Aims & Concept
An executive training program to equip you with:
- professional capability in sports business industry
- skills development through practical experience
- insights from world leading sports professionals
- access to a global network of international and national sport organizations and organizing committees of sporting events.
Attend the 5 day training, get an internship up to 3 months, and a chance to win a scholarship for a personalized 18 month mentoring and support program combined with internships in international sports organizations and events
Program Facilitators & Keynote Speakers
Dr. Dikaia Chatziefstathiou is the HIBOU Academy Chief Academic Officer, Program Leader and facilitator. She is a world expert in Olympic Studies and her work on the ideology of Olympism and values has been widely published and cited in peer-reviewed academic journals and books. She is the winner of the inaugural Coubertin Prize 2008 awarded by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and the International Pierre de Coubertin Committee (IPCC) for her qualitative research on Pierre de Coubertin’s writings and speeches. She is a Member of the Executive Board of the International Pierre de Coubertin Committee since 2009 and was recently re-elected to serve until 2018. She is appointed as a Reader in Olympic Studies and the Social Analysis of Sport at the School of Human and Life Sciences in Canterbury Christ Church University, UK.
Thanos Karagrounas, former Head of Information & Knowledge Management of the International Olympic Committee, has more than 15 years of professional experience in sports management and the organization of major sporting events. He holds a Bachelor in Sport Sciences and Physical Education (DUTH, Greece) and a Masters in Sports Management (UTS, Australia). He is also a Certified Knowledge Manager (CKM) from the International Knowledge Management Institute.
Additional Program Services
- Access to world-class campus with Olympic preparation sport facilities
- Airport pick up service upon arrival
- Welcome Reception
- Comprehensive study abroad staff assistance prior to and during stay
- Orientation to the student residence facilities and services
- Guided tour of campus
- Welcome guide and maps for all students packed with practical information about the facilities, Aghia Paraskevi neighborhood, Athens and Greece.
- Student visa assistance and approval letter for Greek Consulate, if needed
- Official ACG summer student identification cards
- Use of campus athletic facilities, pool, student labs, and library during normal operating hours
For more information and to reserve your place contact: Ms Voula Kyriakopoulou
Tel.: 210 600 9800 ext. 1332