Students will meet in Washington DC for Orientation on June 8, 2017 and will depart for Greece as a group on June 10, accompanied by an ACG staff member. Participants bear a $1,000 portion of the airfare expense to Greece (the remaining cost is born by NHS) and are responsible for their transportation to and from Washington D.C. Expenses including tuition, accommodations, local transportation, meals, and related costs are borne by the National Hellenic Society.
This once-in-a-lifetime educational program includes:
- First-hand experience of Hellenic heritage, traditions and culture
- An experiential customized one-credit language and culture course
- Field trips and on-site teaching
- Recreational and educational excursions
- Modern, spacious housing at ACG
- Tuition, meals and transportation in Greece
- Classroom materials
- be currently enrolled as undergraduate students
- be Americans of Greek descent*
- be 18-26 years of age
- never or seldom have been to Greece in the past
- have GPA of 3.0 or above
* Greek descent is defined as having one or more parents, grandparents or great grandparents born in Greece. Please note that siblings or first cousins of past and/or current participants, who meet the program’s eligibility criteria, may participate in Heritage Greece 2017 on condition that they reimburse NHS for all expenses related to their participation.
Heritage Greece is the National Hellenic Society’s contribution to keeping Greek heritage and identity vibrant and relevant.
Application deadline is March 15, 2017.
Apply now for this unforgettable experience…!
For more information e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 0030 210 600 9800 ext. 1207