David Horner, PhD, assumed the duties of president of The American College of Greece on July 1, 2008 and was officially inaugurated as the College’s 7th president on March 7, 2009. Previously, Dr. Horner served as president of North Park University in Chicago from 1987-2004. During his presidency, North Park’s enrollment tripled, a range of master’s degree programs and one doctoral program were initiated, several major campus improvement projects were completed, and the endowment grew six-fold.
Dr. Horner previously served as president of Barrington College, his undergraduate alma mater, from 1979-1985; at the time of his appointment, he was the youngest college or university president in America. He has held faculty positions at the University of Rhode Island, Barrington College, Harvard University and North Park University.
President Horner received a bachelor’s degree, summa cum laude, in philosophy from Barrington College, a MA from the University of Rhode Island, and a MBA and a PhD in higher education administration and policy analysis from Stanford University.
He is married to S. Sue Horner, BA (Barrington College), MLS (San Jose State University), MTS (Harvard University), PhD (Northwestern University). Together they have two grown children, Marc and Shanna, and four grandchildren.
- Inauguration Speech, March 7, 2009
- Andrew Natsios Lecture – Remarks by David G. Horner, May 27, 2010
- American Hellenic Institute 36th Anniversary Hellenic Heritage Achievement & Public Service Awards Dinner – Remarks by David G. Horner, March 12, 2011
- Alumni Benefit Dinner, April 2, 2011
- ACG’s future academic vision, April 14, 2011
- PIERCE Reunion – Remarks by David G. Horner, June 30, 2011
- Founders’ Day, October 12, 2011
- Kimon Friar Lecture – Introduction, February 12, 2013
- Linkage Network – Welcome Speech, November 14, 2013
- Frances Rich School of Fine and Performing Arts, Naming Ceremony, March 7, 2014
- Speech by George Logothetis – Introduction, January 29, 2015